Bittrex, a Seattle-based cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a Senior Product Manager over Fiat Payments and Bank Integrations. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, we build our products with security first, offering access to over 100 cryptocurrencies in the United States along with lightning-fast trade execution and dependable digital wallets. We believe in the potential of blockchain and its ability to provide game-changing solutions, and we’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
Bittrex relies on many fiat payment processes and bank integrations to run our day to day business. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with strong technical skills that understands fiat payment methods and products such as Plaid, ACH, Wire, and debit card. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be working alongside talented developers, designers, and our Fiat Payments Product Owner to expand fiat payment options so that customers can deposit and withdrawal fiat via Banks and payment vendors they typically use. Fiat Payments is a critical and highly impactful area to our organization and requires someone that is skilled enough to become a subject matter expert in the all the nuances of payment processing and integration.
In this role you will research integration options, become well versed in the world of fraud, and work closely with our support and operations teams as you interact with 3rd party vendors. The ideal candidate holds themselves to a high standard as they execute key PM responsibilities including; conducting research and competitive analysis, creating and owning the product roadmap, defining business requirements and prioritizing product initiatives.
- Competitive Analysis– Research and prepare a formal competitive analysis quarterly to understand and communicate to our teams how the competitive landscape is changing.
- SWOT– conduct a SWOT analysis after a competitive analysis to overlay where Bittrex fits into the competitive landscape.
- Customer Segmentation– ensure we have payment solutions for each of our customer segments.
- Discovery- Continually work to identify what users really need and what would be valuable, useful, and feasible. Work in collaboration with support teams, User Research, and Marketing to understand the needs of our customers. Research and identify payment options and trends in the market.
- Product Usage & Performance metrics- Review current data tracking capabilities and ensure that sufficient data is being gathered on payment method use that can guide in decision making.
- Product Vision – Set the strategic vision for fiat payments and where the product is going to be in the next 1,3,5 years and what it will take to get there.
- Go to market strategy- outline a tactical plan to execute a successful integration release including; pricing strategy, customer journey mapping, marketing tactics, and training for support
- Pricing/Promotion/ Marketing/Placement – outline and review quarterly the fiat payment product strategy for products that are released and available for clients. Is our current strategy sufficient or are changes needed?
- Product Roadmap – Outline and communicate the short-term fiat payment product vision in a 1-to-3-month Roadmap. Coordinate with the Product Owner to ensure the product backlog reflects timelines and deliverables that align with the vision.
- Prioritization of Initiatives – Coordinate with the Product Owner to ensure that the priority of strategic items match the product roadmap and stay in sync when adjustments are made.
- Business KPI Reporting- Review and report on how well fiat payment products are helping to meet the KPI’s outlined in the corporate strategy.
- Business Requirements – Collaborate with legal, finance, UX, Security, and Compliance to outline business requirements needed for a given initiative.
- Financial Modeling – collaborate with finance and others to model the financial benefits of roadmap initiatives
- UI/UX/Mocks, Diagrams, POC- Work with UI/UX team to understand their requirements and create needed Diagrams and POC items.
- Review of Engineering Plan- Review stories created to ensure that no misunderstanding occurs as the team translates business requirements into epics/stories
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, with a proven track record of taking products from ideation to launch and working directly with software development teams to ship software products in an agile development environment.
- Experience integrating with third party platforms and payment vendors and managing the lifecycle of payment products.
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where you sometimes need to wear multiple hats and step outside your box of responsibilities
- Excellent at executing PM responsibilities and best practices in an agile organization
- Demonstrated success in driving product ideas into fully functioning products that deliver on the organization’s KPIs.
- History in owning the strategy and roadmap for successful products.
- Proven track record of strategic decision making, balancing the needs of the business, security, legal or other stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal and storytelling communication skills.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and digital assets.
- Experience working closely with Research and Data analysts to build for and analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.